Firebird Community Cycle is a registered not-for-profit Corporation, dedicated to the promotion of bicycle education and culture through the sustainable and accessible rebuilding, reusing, recycling and redistribution of all bicycle products. Originally a program at Barrie Central Collegiate, Firebird received the City of Barrie’s Active Transportation Award and has been awarded funding from the World Wildlife Fund.
Firebird Community Cycle is dedicated to partnering with all youth in order to make cycling more accessible to the community. We divert countless bikes from the landfill in order to mobilize our community. Built on the tenets of camaraderie and mutual respect, Firebird welcomes all!
Firebird Community Cycle is dedicated to the promotion of bicycle education and culture through the sustainable and accessible rebuilding, reusing, recycling and redistribution of all bicycle
Our objectives are:
- To provide affordable access to bicycle ownership and maintenance to persons of low income;
- To provide youth, persons with low income and the general public with access to a fully-equipped, do-it-yourself bicycle repair shop;
- To educate youth on bicycle safety, repair and maintenance by providing appropriate level courses, workshops, school outreach programs and seminars;
- To establish, maintain and operate an educational training centre that will provide instruction on the repair, maintenance and building of bicycles;
- To develop and provide programs promoting the protection of the environment through the reuse or recycling of used bicycles and parts and divert them from waste facilities;
- To develop and provide programs promoting the protection of the environment through the use of cycling as an environment-friendly mode of transportation;
- To promote the health benefits of cycling as part of an active transportation lifestyle; and
- To provide an extensive cycling themed aftercare program for troubled youth.
Our mailing address is: 134 Anne St. South, Barrie ON L4N 6A2